Friday, November 7, 2008

Annie Gosfield/Roger Kleier at The Stone

After Badiou lecture I went to my favorite music place The Stone. Hidden in a old corner shop on Avenue C. Sitting there I realized the place must be about the same size as my apartment without walls. There's like 25 chairs, no bar, no desk, no stage and the toilet is behind the stage. It's mainly Tzadik Zorn stuff playing here. Like yesterday I saw this; Was OK.
Roger Kleier (guitar) Annie Gosfield (keyboards) Trevor Dunn (bass) Ches Smith (drums, percussion)
Annie and Lauren Radnofsky perform "Four Roses" for cello and sampler, followed by El Pocho Loco, Roger Kleier's new quartet, with an emphasis on noisy guitar instrumentals and improvisation. The premiere of the group features Roger Kleier, Annie Gosfield (composer), Trevor Dunn and Ches Smith.

No comments: